Thursday, September 6, 2012

An Introduction, of Sorts...

I've decided to take book reviewing to blog form. I already do it on Goodreads, when a book either angers me or inspires me to the point of writing, but I've been investigating avenues of obtaining free books, and that includes reviewing. One of the more legitimate looking sites I found requires a blog. Not so hard. I'm not afraid to be honest about what I read, it's something that I learned in college in my writing courses. You can't just tell someone "this is so good" because that doesn't help. Why was it good? Why did you hate it? So with that critical thinking, I'm going to put up reviews both here and still on Goodreads because, let's face it, I am addicted to social media (and publishers like to see reviews in as many places as possible). I'm going to do this because I love to read, not because there is any money in it (there isn't) and perhaps through my reviews, I can inspire others to read more. It's a hope, at least.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read either book, but have wanted to start both. Haven't seen GoT on TV, either. You've inspired me to go with Game of Thrones first.
    By the way, Anne Rice left the church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see GoT but I have no HBO. I considered buying it but it was a bit pricey, so I might wait until BullMoose has a used copy of season one. I've heard season one follows the first book very well. It's a fantastic book. I'm taking a breather before the next book to rest my brain, because like I mentioned, lots happens.

      I had heard she left the church, after I reviewed the book, but man, I was so disappointed in that book. I fell in love with the Vampire Chronicles and then I read... that. There was so much she could have done, angles she could have taken, hell, character development but she didn't. It was bland white bread with dog hair on it.

      Delete